October 26th, 2012
In its 7th year of existence, the Ivy Sports Symposium is privileged to welcome a group of distinguished professionals to the newly formed Board of Directors. Joining Ivy Sports Symposium founder and co-chairman Chris Chaney and co-chairman Joe Becher on the Board are the following sports business professionals:
• Charles Baker, Partner, Global Sports, Media and Entertainment Group, DLA Piper
• Steve Hellmuth, Executive Vice President, Operations and Technology, NBA Entertainment
• Doug Perlman, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Sports Media Advisors
• Steve Tseng, Senior Vice President, Business Development for Western Region, IMG Worldwide
• Jamie Zaninovich, Commissioner, West Coast Conference
• Alex Rosen – Ex Officio, Executive Director, Ivy Sports Symposium
The Symposium believes that the business acumen of its board members will serve as a strong guiding force in the organization’s development for years to come.
Charles Baker is currently Partner & Co-Chair of the Media and Entertainment Group at the law firm DLA Piper. Chuck's practice has been integrally involved in the purchase and sales of dozens of sports organization. Steve Hellmuth is the Executive Vice President of Operations and Technology for NBA Entertainment. Among the many accomplishments of his career, Steve is credited with developing a statistical system used to provide real-time graphics for NBA television productions.
Doug Perlman, a veteran in the sports media industry, has been named to the Sports Business Journal’s “Forty Under 40” three times and is the Founder/CEO of Sports Media Advisors. Steve Tseng is the Senior Vice President for Business Development in the Western Region of IMG Worldwide and has been with IMG for almost 10 years in a variety of roles. Joining Steve is the second full-time Commissioner of the West Coast Conference Jamie Zaninovich who has been involved in the Symposium since its inception. Additionally, Alex Rosen will be joining the board by virtue of his role as the new executive director while he works towards his JD at Harvard Law School.